Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sea Change


I have seen the sea change
When it's least expected
The air is calm, the water still
Then everything's affected

Waves and whitecaps, tidal waves and more
The howling wind hurls violence at the shore
It's really not all that strange
Waiting for a sea change


I have seen my woman leaving
Walking out the door
Everything was perfect
And then she wanted more

Words are spoken, deeds are done
There's no going back once the blood begins to run
It's really not quite naive
Waiting for your woman to leave


I have seen disaster come
Tearing everything asunder
To at once be riding high
And then have it pulled from under you

A complete disaster, a headlong crash
No picking up the pieces in a total collapse
It's really not all that dumb
Waiting for disaster to come


I have seen the sea change
Scuttling my heart
No way to chart a new course
Once the whole world falls apart

The pause that destroys, the look that chills
The winds of change blow, but the sea change kills
It's really not quite deranged
Waiting for the sea to change


To be leaning on a piling
Just outside of sight range
Sucking on a bottle
Waiting for the sea change. . .

No comments: